If you have any questions or queries regarding this policy, please contact [email protected].
Chokdee Ltd is subject to UK and European privacy legislation, which regulates the use of individuals’ personal information. This legislation imposes specific requirements on Chokdee Ltd. All personal information supplied by you to us online via the website will be protected by us in accordance with current applicable privacy legislation and the terms of this Policy.
When we collect your information:
It is not necessary for you to provide us with any personal information for you to access the general information sections of our website. However, if you wish to benefit from any of the online services that we offer via the website, you will need to provide us with certain personal information. The following is a non-exhaustive list of the types of services which require some type of voluntary submission of personal information from you:
- When you book a table at our restaurant or any kind of appointment with us, e.g. a special event
- When you make an online click & collect purchase through our current or future partners, like OrderSwift
- When you make an online delivery purchase through our current or future partners, like Deliveroo
- When you sign up to receive our newsletters and promotional correspondence
- When you redeem any offers received from promotional channels
- When you purchase or redeem a gift card or gift voucher
- When you contact us by any means with queries, feedback, complaints etc.
- When you enter prize draws or competitions
- When you choose to complete any surveys we send you, via email or in restaurant, or reviews on 3rd party websites where you have given your permission to share data with us
- When you fill in any forms, e.g. if an accident happens in a restaurant
- When you’ve given a third-party permission to share with us the information they hold about you
- When you use our restaurants which usually have CCTV systems operated for the security of both customers and staff. These systems may record your image during your visit.
- When you apply for a job with Giggling Squid or send in your curriculum vitae in response to a job advert or speculatively.
- When you make a data subject access request.
What data we collect:
The following is a non-exhaustive list of the type of data we collect to provide our services:
Contact information including:
- e-mail address
- Home or work address
- Company name
Billing information including:
- Payment method
- Security/Verification Information
- Transaction amount
Marketing Information including:
- Marketing preferences (whether you opt-in or opt-out)
- Marketing responses (where applicable)
- Market engagements
- Whether you have opted to receive the newsletter
Booking information including:
- Personal requests for the booking
- Time of booking
- Location of restaurant booked
- Booking history
- Dietary Requests
Order information including:
- Order breakdown
- Time and location of order
Feedback information including:
- The staff that served you
- The products and services you ordered
- Your rating of the products and services ordered
- Your comments and answers on our surveys
- Details of complaints and incidents
Job application information that may include:
- Sensitive personal details, such as your racial or ethnic origin, religious beliefs, medical history and details of any criminal offences and/or involvement in any criminal proceedings.
How we use your personal data
We will not use your personal data for purposes other than those listed above without informing you prior to processing your information and where applicable asking for your consent, unless we are required to do so by law. We do not use any automated decision making or profiling when processing your personal information.
We have a legitimate interest in improving our products and services. In order to do this, we use your information to us online for the purposes of:
- Providing you with any service(s) that you have requested
- Dealing with your requests, feedback and/or enquiries
- Carrying out analysis
- Improving the quality of our services
- Maintaining our records for administrative purposes
- Ensuring our website functions properly and is customised to your personal preferences
- Tracking activity on our website
- Protecting our website against unauthorised access
- Assisting with police investigations and/or enquiries
- Complying with statutory and/or regulatory obligations
- Sending you marketing information that we believe may be of interest to you
How long we keep your data
We will retain your information in cases where you buy a service from us, for the lifecycle of using that service as it is needed to provide that service.
For web enquiries we hold data for up to 6 months or until you request us to remove it, so that we can follow up on the query.
In special circumstances such as ongoing legal proceedings we may be required to retain your data until proceedings allow us to remove your data.
Who has access to your data
The parties that can access this information are:
- Chokdee/Gigglingsquid management and marketing teams.
- The booking provider Resdairy
- Our marketing provider Airship
- Our feedback provide Feed It Back
Additionally, your personal data may be accessed by our technical support providers.
All third parties are contractually bound to use your personal data only as we instruct and are subject to due diligence to ensure that this is the case.
We do not share your personal data with any organisations unless we have your prior consent or are legally required to do so.
Consequences of processing
Failing to provide us with correct or complete information when making a booking may result in the booking being cancelled, dietary and personal request not being actioned or payments being declined.
How we protect your data
All data you provide is kept secure and any staff or contractors that handle this data have a commitment and the necessary training to keep private and secure.
We have a number of policies and procedures in place to ensure that data is handled correctly and kept secure and have implement the necessary technical controls to support these.
For reservations taken via ResDiary.com your data will only be stored in the UK in secure managed data centres. It is accessible by the individuals that can manage and view the reservations at the restaurant that was requested by logging in securely through Resdiary’s portal.
Newsletter sign-ups are stored securely within Airship’s data centres and not by Giggling Squid.
Personal data is not stored on our database except where an individual uses the Careers Interest form. To ensure that this data is kept secure, access is only available to certain individuals with the authority to view such data, employed or contracted by Giggling Squid, through a username and password login via the website, or via the hosting company’s management portal using a username and password that is known only to certain individuals employed or contracted by Giggling Squid this website.
All information on our website is encrypted in transit using SSL issued by the Lets Encrypt Authority.
As data related to the some of the cookies is sent to the United State where data protection laws have not been deemed suitable adequate by the authorities, we have in place a contract to protect your rights and freedoms to the same extent as UK data protection law.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They are widely used to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site.
- How you enter and leave our website.
- How you interact with our website and the pages you visit.
- Basic information about the device and network that you used when visiting our website.
- Basic information about your location and language.
We partner with Microsoft Clarity and Microsoft Advertising to capture how you use and interact with our website through behavioral metrics, heatmaps, and session replay to improve and market our products/services. Website usage data is captured using first and third-party cookies and other tracking technologies to determine the popularity of products/services and online activity. Additionally, we use this information for site optimization, fraud/security purposes, and advertising. For more information about how Microsoft collects and uses your data, visit the Microsoft Privacy Statement. More information can be found here.
The sections below detail the cookies we use and why. Change Cookie preferences.
Necessary cookies help make a website usable by enabling basic functions like page navigation and access to secure areas of the website. The website cannot function properly without these cookies.
Statistic cookies help website owners to understand how visitors interact with websites by collecting and reporting information anonymously.
Marketing cookies are used to track visitors across websites. The intention is to display ads that are relevant and engaging for the individual user and thereby more valuable for publishers and third party advertisers.
You can email [email protected] with the following requests using the subject line ‘subject access request’:
- Request a copy of your data
- Request we correct or update your data
- Request that we delete your data
- Request that we keep your data but do not use
- Request that we send a copy of your data to another organisation
- Object to how we are using data
- Withdraw consent to process your data at any time
If you wish to delete your Resdiary account, you must contact [email protected]. ResDiary do not delete bookings on behalf of restaurants as they are the data controller for their data.
You are legally allowed to raise a complaint about us with the Information Commissioner’s Office, take us or the ICO to court. If you wish to do this, then please follow this link: https://ico.org.uk/concerns/
Additionally, we must inform you:
- If we suffer a data breach and your data is affected in a way that it poses a risk to your rights and freedoms.
- If we carry out your request to correct/update, erase or not use your data.
How to contact us
Postal address: 1 Bishops Wharf, Walnut Tree Close, Guildford, GU1 4UP.
Email: [email protected]