Chokdee Ltd understands that your information is important and in the wrong hands it poses a risk to your rights and freedoms.In order to help you protect your information this notice will explain what information we collect, why we collect it, what we do with it, how long we keep it for, who can access it and what your rights are.
What do we process
We process contact Information including:
- – Title
- – Name
- – e-mail address
- – Home or work address
- – Company name
We process Billing information including:
- – Payment method
- – Security/Verification Information
- – Transaction amount
We process Marketing Information including:
- – Marketing preferences (whether you opt-in or opt-out)
- – Marketing responses (where applicable)
- – Market engagements
- – Whether you have opted to receive the newsletter.
We may process Booking information including:
- – Personal requests for the booking
- – Time of booking
- – Location of restaurant booked
- – Booking History
- – Dietary Requests
We may process Feedback Information including:
- – The staff that served you.
- – The products and services you ordered.
- – You rating of the products and services ordered.
- – Your comments and answers on our surveys.
- – Details of complaints and incidents.
How do we use your personal data?
When you make booking we will need to process your personal data to facilitate that booking this will include;
- – Your contact information to update of any that may affected the booking.
- – The booking details to ensure that there is capacity for you at the location on the data and time of the booking.
- – Your billing information to take a deposit.
- – Your dietary requirements to provide suitable food and drink.
- – Any Personal request related to the booking.
This data is sent to Resdiary for storage on their database and is accessible by the individuals that can manage and view the reservations at the restaurant that was requested by logging in securely through Resdiary’s portal.
We have a legitimate interest in improving our products and services. In order to do this we use the following;
- – Your response to our feedback surveys.
- – Details of any complaints.
- – Contact information where there may be a need to contact you further regarding issues raised.
- We have a legitimate interest in ensuring that our web functions properly and customise the website according to your interests. In order to this, we make use of the cookies listed in the cookie section of this policy. The cookies collect the following;
- – How you enter and leave our websites.
- – How you interact with website and the pages you visit.
- – Basic information about the device and network that you
We have a legal obligation to keep the following records:
- – Records of bookings
- – Records of deposits
Where you provide your consent we will send you marketing materials, to facilitate this marketing we will process the following:
- – Contact information so that we can contact you with the marketing activities.
- – Marketing information so you can sent you relevant events and promotions.
- With your consent we handle your enquires. This will involve the following:
- – Your contact information.
- – The nature of your enquiry
We will not use your personal data for purposes other than those listed without informing you prior to processing your information and where applicable asking for your consent. Unless we are required to do so by law.
We do not use any automated decision making or profiling when processing your personal information.
How long we keep it
We will retain your information in cases where you buy a service from us, for the lifecycle of using that service as it is need to provide that service.
For web enquiries we hold data for up to 6 months or until you request us to remove it, so that we can follow up on the query.
In special circumstances such as ongoing legal proceedings we may be required to retain your data until proceedings allow us to remove your data.
Who can see it
The parties that can access this information are;
Chokdee/Gigglingsquid management and marketing teams.
The booking provider Resdairy
Our Marketing provider Campaign Monitor’s
Additionally your personal data may access by our technical support providers.
All third parties are contractually bound to use your person data only as we instruction and are subject to due diligence to ensure that this is the case
We do not share your personal data with any organisations unless we have your prior consent or are legally required to do so.
Consequences of processing
Failing to provide us with correct or complete information when making a booking may result in the booking being cancelled, dietary and personal request not being actioned or payments being declined.
How we protect it
All data you provide is kept secure and any staff or contractors that handle this data have a commitment and the necessary training to keep private and secure.
We have a number of policies and procedures in place to ensure that data is handled correctly and kept secure and have implement the necessary technical controls to support these.
For reservations taken via ResDiary.com your data will only be stored in the UK in secure managed data centres.
Newsletter sign-ups are stored securely within Campaign Monitor’s data centres and not by Giggling Squid.
Personal data is not stored on our database except where an individual uses the Careers Interest form. In order to ensure that this data is kept secure, access is only available to certain individuals with the authority to view such data, employed or contracted by Giggling Squid, through a username and password login via the website, or via the hosting company’s management portal using a username and password that is known only to certain individuals employed or contracted by Giggling Squid this website.
All information on our website is encrypted in transit using SSL issued by the Lets Encrypt Authority.
As data related to the some of the cookies is sent to the United State where data protection laws have not been deemed suitable adequate by the authorities, we have in place a contract to protect your rights and freedoms to the same extent as UK data protection law.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site. The sections below explains the cookies we use and why. Click here to change your cookies preferences.
Necessary cookies help make a website usable by enabling basic functions like page navigation and access to secure areas of the website. The website cannot function properly without these cookies.
Statistic cookies help website owners to understand how visitors interact with websites by collecting and reporting information anonymously.
Marketing cookies are used to track visitors across websites. The intention is to display ads that are relevant and engaging for the individual user and thereby more valuable for publishers and third party advertisers.
What are your rights
– Request a copy of the data we hold on you. If you wish to do this then please send your request to email@example.com with subject line subject access request.
– Request that we correct or update the data that we hold on you. If you wish to do this then please send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line subject access request.
– Request that we delete the information we hold on you. If you wish to do this, then please send your request to email@example.com with subject line subject access request.
– If you want to delete your ResDiary.com account you must contact firstname.lastname@example.org. ResDiary do not delete bookings on behalf of restaurants as they are the data controller for their data.
– Request that we keep your data but do not use it. If you wish to do this then please send your request to email@example.com with subject line subject access request.
– Request that we send a copy of your data to another organization. If you wish to do this then please send your request firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line subject access request.
– Object to how we are using data. If you wish to do this then please send your request to email@example.com with subject line subject access request.
– Raise a compliant with the Information Commissioner’s Office about us. If you wish to do this, then please follow this link: https://ico.org.uk/concerns/
– Take us or the Information Commissioner’s Office to court.
– Withdraw consent to process your data at any time. If you wish to do this, then please send your request to team@gigglingsquid.
Additionally, we must inform you of the following
If we suffer a data breach and your data is affected in a way that it poses a risk to your rights and freedoms.
If we carry out your request to correct/update, erase or not use your data.
Postal address: 1 Bishops Wharf, Walnut Tree Close, Guildford, GU1 4UP.